Sunday 9 March 2014

Thief revived

Last year I posted some pictures of the Davenport Arms (aka the Thief’s Neck) at Woodford and made the comment that, while in most respects it was an excellent pub, it would benefit from removing the foliage at the front and restoring direct access to the road. Well, lo and behold, it has recently undergone a £100,000 refurbishment by Robinson’s Brewery and licensee Yvonne Hallworth, and my wish has been granted. It looks very appealing in today’s bright Spring sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Professor Pie-Tin11 March 2014 at 15:22

    Sorry, but rather like those Before and After shots in all those interminable Laurence Llwelyn-Bowen makeover shops I much prefer the original.
    Surely when a pub is next to a road you want a bit of nature between you and the vehciles ?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, especially on older posts, may require prior approval by the blog owner. See here for details of my comment policy.

Please register an account to comment. Unregistered comments will generally be rejected unless I recognise the author. If you want to comment using an unregistered ID, you will need to tell me something about yourself.