Saturday 20 November 2010

Hoist with his own petard

It seems that Schadenfreude is one of the few pleasures still legal. And I got an especially enjoyable dose on hearing that Labour MP Eric Joyce, who only a few days ago had been banging on David Nutt-style about how the middle classes were hypocrites for condemining drug use amongst their offspring while happily jugging back alcohol, has been banned from driving for refusing a breath test. God knows how he got into that situation, but I can’t say I have the remotest drop of sympathy. People in glass houses, and all that...

5 comments:

  1. A story that warms the bottom of my heart.
    I'm gonna say it again and again.
    Don't drink and drive this Christmas kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Both above
    Anyway drink driving does'nt
    bother me ,I dont drive and I
    certainly dont frequent the saddo sheds that try to pass of as real
    pubs these days ,since schhhhhhhhh you know when.

    Chin chin

    Room with a view

    ReplyDelete
  3. The phrase "poetic justice" does come to mind. As to how he got into that situation, presumably he's as hypocritical as those he accused of being so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't possibly get done for drunk driving "two pints" LOL!
    Since 2007 I drink at home !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drink and I drive ~ just never in that order. He was banned for speeding 2 years ago, so he's not been a good lad. I wonder whether he came out with the immortal line, "Don't you know who I am?"

    ReplyDelete

Comments, especially on older posts, may require prior approval by the blog owner. See here for details of my comment policy.

Please register an account to comment. Unregistered comments will generally be rejected unless I recognise the author. If you want to comment using an unregistered ID, you will need to tell me something about yourself.