Wednesday 4 February 2009

Nanny in jackboots

While browsing the BBC news website today I was given an apoplectic fit by this particular display of intolerance from one Dr Alan Maryon-Davis. Apparently we all need more nannying and are surprisingly receptive to it. I can assure him that at Curmudgeon Towers we certainly don’t! I have to wonder at the mindset of these people who get off on banning things and telling others how to live their lives. If we ever end up with a totalitarian régime in Britain, they will find no shortage of willing accomplices. As usual, the Filthy Smoker fisks it more effectively, and profanely, than I could ever do.

4 comments:

  1. Why have I never come across your blog before? Great stuff. :-)

    Immediately added to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, fancy having a go at this story? It's right up your street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the past couple of months I seem to have had an upsurge of interest after a year and a half when I sometimes felt I was doing it only for my own amusement.

    I think it's a kind of snowball effect really - as soon as one person picks up on it the word starts to spread.

    You'll be pleased to know I already have your blog on my list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have seen this already but if not ...

    Could I suggest that you take a look at this excellent video on YouTube:

    New Labour Party Political Broadcast 2009

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCwW_1rswyo

    It is both funny and moving.
    About Nanny State Britain

    If you like it please pass on details to as many people as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, especially on older posts, may require prior approval by the blog owner. See here for details of my comment policy.

Please register an account to comment. Unregistered comments will generally be rejected unless I recognise the author. If you want to comment using an unregistered ID, you will need to tell me something about yourself.